Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Interning in New York City

Ok, this is a giant maze that must be walked through very carefully...... I have traveled to NYC many, many, many times. I love NYC. My daughter who also is in love with the city is now living in a convent, doing an unpaid internship , as almost all interns are..... Our family, is quite confused (not me, I am the bright one) on how one pays their own way for 8 weeks in an expensive city to work for FREE..... I am exhausted explaining it to them, but I must defend my daughter and her will to climb to the top, as quickly as possible.
There are rules to follow here:
1. make sure you get a good internship, well in advance
2. book housing- ASK IF THEY HAVE A/C, most don't ( here in Florida we are spoiled)
3. have TONS of money, or take out monster LOANS
4. Make a plan!!!! What you want to see and do while staying in the city
how much you can spend each day, week, month.
5. Research your costs!
OK, my next blog will be great! I will let you in on a secret living facility in NYC that is pretty reasonable....... maybe.

No comments: