Thursday, August 30, 2012

Skincare 101 !

Skincare, boy is that a maze! So, I will say that I'm in my forties and I have sensitive,dry to combination skin. However, most of what I use can be for oily skin as well. I read way to much information, but it's been helpful. I will also add review to products from time to time and update you on my current regime.

Washing your face, make sure you do it every night to take off your makeup and every morning to balance the pH of your skin. For my p.m. routine I use philosophy purity face wash ( 5yrs), for my serum I use Nature's Pearl Muscadine 20 (www.grapes4life.com) and for a moisturizer I make my own face oil, I will make a new posting with the recipe. Now, I absolutely love Philosophy Retinol product, which I use  2 night a week. I have heard ROC is good, but so far the Philosophy hasn't irritated my sensitive skin.
A.M. - Wash with Avalon Vitamin C facewash, follow with NP grape seed extract and face oil. I swear by strivectin eye cream, this stuff is amazing!!! I've been using it about 10 years, just unbelievable results!
Now for foundation, I love Bare minerals, but when I feel dry I use Clinique Redness solutions foundation.



Once a week or more, I give myself a real facial. I open my pores with a facial steamer I bought at Sally's beauty supply with a drop of lavender oil. I then use Avon's re-texturizing pads (glycol peel) - follow with a moisture mask from replechage or a clay mask from dead sea. After I'm done ( 15mins tops) I feel and look like I have new skin!

No comments: